As you set your Thanksgiving table this year, let your kids get in on the fun with these cute Thanksgiving place card holders. This fall craft is easy to make and is a cute way to let everyone know where they are supposed to sit.
- Orange, yellow, green and red cardstock
- 3" X 3" cardstock square
- Wooden bead
- Hot glue gun
- Yellow and red felt
- Black Sharpie
- Turkey Lollipops Feather Template
How to make it
- Print out the leaf/feather template. Using a pencil, trace the feather onto orange, yellow, green and red cardstock. You'll need one each per turkey lollipop. Once traced, cut them out.
- Fan out the feather/leaf template and glue together. You can put them in any color order you like. If you're making multiple turkeys, go ahead and make some of them different!
- Glue the Dum Dum to the square piece of cardstock and glue the leaves/feathers to the back of the Dum Dum.
- Using the Sharpie, draw eyes onto the bead "head".
- Place a small amount of glue inside the bead and slide it over the Dum Dum stick.
- Cut off any extra stick so that the stick ends where the bead ends.
- Using scissors cut out a small triangle for the beak from the yellow felt and a narrower triangle from the red felt for the "gobbler". Glue onto the turkey's face.
- Finally, write the name of a guest onto the bottom cardstock. And, ta-da! Your Thanksgiving place card holders are ready.