As the kids head back to school this fall, give them something to be excited about on the first day: Super Hero Lollipops! This back to school craft is easy to make and fun to eat. You and your children can make it together, or you can spend a little time after the kids go to bed making this back to school craft. Either way, they're sure to be delighted when they open their lunch box on the first day of school and find one of these little guys! Teachers can also make super hero lollipops in the classroom. Super hero lollipops are an excellent opportunity to practice fine motor skills (cutting out the eye masks) and a great way to reward your students for a job well done. [image:1]
- Construction Paper
- Hole punch
- Fine Tip Sharpie
- Crayons (optional)
How to make it
- Select your colors for your super hero's mask and his/her cape.
- Using a pencil, draw a small mask and a small cape onto your construction paper.
- Using scissors, carefully cut out the mask and cape. Parents: If you're making this craft with little kids, you may need to do steps 2 and 3 for them.
- Select your color of Dum Dum Pop and carefully apply the mask around the pop, securing it in the back with a small piece of tape.
- Using a hole punch, punch a hole around the "neck" of the cape.
- Time to get creative! Using the fine tip sharpie, write a message on the cape. This could be something like your child's Super Hero Name (for example, "Super Sam!") or a back to school message (for example, "Hope you're having a SUPER first day!"). If you're working with young children, you may need to write this or you can simply let them decorate their cape with crayons.
- Finally, poke the stick of a Dum Dum down through the cape's hole and secure the cape to the back of the Dum Dum with a small piece of tape. Ta-da! You have a Super Hero Lollipop.
In addition to using these as back to school crafts, they would be perfect as birthday party favors or to thank someone for doing a SUPER job!