Stained glass cookies are easy to make, pretty to look at, and a pleasure to eat.This Mother's Day Cookie Recipe is equal parts delicious and fun.
- 1 cup softened, butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parchment Paper
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Unwrap Dum Dum Pops and place lollipops in a zipper bag and gently pressing with a rolling pin. This will separate the sucker from the sticks. Press the batch into small-medium pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and airy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together separately. Then, add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. diameter x 1/8 in. thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter or a knife, cut shapes into centers of cookies, reserving these center bits to add into extra dough.
- Place these on a baking sheet, covered in parchment paper. Once the cookie dough is placed on the sheet, put a teaspoon of crushed Dum Dum Pops into the center of each cookie.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 8-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from the parchment paper.
Put in an air tight container and enjoy your Stained Glass Cookies!