Have you ever wondered how to make cupcake toppers that match the theme of your get together? Creating cupcake toppers are easier than you expect, actually. With just a few ingredients and items around the house, you can create themed cupcakes to bring to any event.
In this demonstration, we show how to create Easter cupcakes with Easter candy. The theme can also be used for spring gatherings or even baby showers.
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Green food coloring
- Green sprinkles
- Fondant Leaves
How to make it
- Tint frosting using green food coloring to a color that resembles grass, you can do this by starting with ten drops of food coloring and adjust from there.
- Frost cupcakes, either with a spatula, or use a piping bag and tip. Whichever you choose, make sure to thoroughly cover the top of the vanilla cupcake.
- Take green sprinkles and shake a light coating over your cupcake tops.
- Next, unwrap two Dum Dum Pops and stick in the middle of one cupcake. You can get creative with this and place each stemming from one area, or in two parts of the cupcake. Also, by staggering the Dum Dum Pop 'flowers' each will have a different height, to give an interesting look.
- The next step is to apply your fondant leaves to complete the spring flower Easter cupcakes.