Heading out to a corn maze soon? Don't forget to make your very own Scarecrow lollipop to help guide you through the maze! This easy fall craft project uses just a few craft supplies that you probably have around your house, and is a fun way to dress up a Dum Dum for the chilly weather that is on its way!
- Googley Eyes
- Light brown felt or burlap
- Dark brown felt
- Brown ribbon
- Brown yarn
- Glue or Hot Glue
- Black sharpie
- Orange sharpie
How to make it
- Cut a piece of light brown felt into a 4" diameter circle.
- Cut a piece of red ribbon into an 8" long length.
- Center your Dum Dum within the felt circle and fold the edges down, so that your Dum Dum is completely covered. Make sure that one side of the Dum Dum "head" is flat (not bunched!), and secure with the brown ribbon.
- Using glue, secure 2 of the Googley eyes onto the face of the scarecrow. Be sure to hold them in place for a minute or two to make sure the glue adheres
- Using the orange Sharpie, draw a triangular nose onto your scarecrow face.
- Using the black Sharpie, draw a mouth onto your scarecrow
- Cut some brown yarn into 3" inch pieces to make the hair for your scarecrow. Carefully place some glue on either side of the scarecrow's face and then gently press the yarn into the glue. Be sure to hold this for a minute or two to make sure the yarn adheres.
- Cut a triangle out of the dark brown felt and fold in half to create a cone hat. Use glue to hold the edges of the hat together.
- Finally, add some glue to the top of your scarecrow's head and gently place the cone hat on top, holding in place for several minutes to make sure the glue sets.