Get your kids in the kitchen this Thanksgiving with these cute Thanksgiving treats from SpanglerCandy.com. Rice Krispies Treats® become turkeys with Dum Dum heads and candy corn feathers. We guarantee you will want to gobble-gobble them up!
- Rice Krispies®
- Candy Corn
- Marshmallow Crème (or other icing product)
- Black writing icing
- Thin licorice
- Cashews or peanuts
How to make it
- Prepare Rice Krispies Treats as directed on the box.
- Instead of putting into a pan, allow to cool a few minutes and then using your hands, roll into 2-3" balls.
- Unwrap Dum Dums and poke one through the rolled ball. Your Dum Dum stick may poke out the back. That is OK.
- Using marshmallow crème or other icing products, attach the candy corn to the back-side of the ball in a fan shape.
- Draw eyes onto the Dum Dum with the black icing.
- Break a peanut or cashew in half, and cut a thin piece of licorice to create the "gobbler".
- Finally, using marshmallow crème or other icing product, attach cashew/peanut just under the eyes and attach the "gobbler" just beside the cashew. Ta-da! Your Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treat is ready to eat!
We recommend storing these in an air-tight container in the fridge if you will not be consuming them right away. Enjoy!
Rice Krispies Treats® is a registered trademark of Kellogg NA Co.