Cake and cookie pops are all the rage for both adult and kid's party food. But instead of baking them with regular sticks, why not surprise everyone by using Dum Dum lollipops instead? These Countdown Cookie Pops can be made using your favorite flavors of Dum Dums, and are decorated to look like a clock chiming midnight! The perfect New Year's Recipe, these cookies are guaranteed to be a great hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Writing Icing
How to make it
- Prepare Sugar Cookie Dough. We used pre-made dough, so all that was required was to cut the tube of dough into cookie-sized discs. But feel free to use your favorite sugar cookie recipe! Note: When choosing a sugar cookie recipe, make sure you find one that bakes for at least 7-9 minutes, as less time will not allow the Dum Dums to melt properly.
- Place dough on a cookie sheet. Grease the sheet beforehand if your sugar cookies call for it.
- Press in Dum Dums. Gently press one lollipop onto the center of each piece of cookie dough. The Dum Dums will melt, adhering to the cookie. Don't worry about the sticks catching fire in the oven--they won't!
- Bake the Cookies. Use the time indicated by your cookie dough.
Decorating the Cookies:
- Outline the cookies. This border of icing will make them look more like a clock in the end.
- Add the Numbers. Use your icing to write 3, 6, 9, and 12, like a clock.
- Add Clock Hands. Make two clock hands pointing up at the 12--midnight.
Countdown Cookie Pops are one kid's party food that everyone will want. If you make them for your New Year's Party, they surely won't last until midnight!