Looking for ghoulishly fun goodies to take to a Halloween party or bake sale? Sure, you can buy pre-made baked items from the grocery store, but what fun is that? Making these one-of-a-kind Halloween recipes for cupcake toppers lets your whole family join in on some frightful fun. Whether you prefer your Halloween treats cute or creepy, these cupcakes provide just the trick. Our time-saving tip: make one batch of chocolate cupcakes, then frost 12 cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and 12 with chocolate buttercream. This is one of those easy Halloween recipes that you can share with your kids. Once your cupcakes are frosted, invite your kids to join in on the decorating fun. [image:1]
- One box devils' food cake (prepared according to package directions for cupcakes)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 T milk or heavy whipping cream
- Green gumdrops
How to make it
For the cupcakes/frosting:
- Prepare devils' food cupcakes according to package directions on box. Let cool completely.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting.
- Mix together sugar and butter on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for approximately three minutes.
- Add vanilla and milk and beat on medium for another minute or so.
- Add more milk if necessary.
- Frost cupcakes once cooled.
Yield: About 12 frosted cupcakes.
For the Circus Peanut Toppers:
- Take one Circus Peanut and cut it in half.
- Take one of the halves and roll in your palm until round and smooth.
- Using a toothpick, make vertical lines on the Circus Peanut "pumpkin," mimicking the ridges on a pumpkin.
- Cut a sliver from a green gumdrop and place on top of your pumpkin to create the stem.
- Place a pumpkin (or two) on top of each cupcake. The frosting will keep the pumpkin in place.