Chocolate covered strawberries aren't just for Valentine's Day. They are delectable and can be enjoyed any time of year! What better time can you think of to enjoy strawberries other than on a hot summer day? Spangler Candy made celebratory red, white and blue strawberries that let you enjoy chocolate covered strawberries in the warmth of summer on July 4th. The vibrant red, the creamy white and bright blue candy of this treat will brighten your tables or buffets on July fourth. They're a great hand-held candy treat that satisfies the sweet tooth, but won't fill you up before the picnic begins.
- 1 Pint Of Strawberries
- 1 Bag White Chips
- Zipper Bag
- Parchment Paper
- Microwavable Bowl
How to make it
- Rinse strawberries with cold water to remove debris and then place in refrigerator to chill. (Chilling the berries help the chocolate coat better.)
- Next, remove the wrappers of your Blueberry or Blu Raspberry lollipops, place in a folded piece of parchment paper and place inside of a zipper bag. Use a mallet to crush the pieces down to small chunks or dust.
- Empty bag of Dum Dum Pop dust onto a plate and set aside. Remove the sticks once the lollipop pieces are on the plate. Let this sit until after the next step.
- Place white candy chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for one minute, remove and stir. Repeat this for 30 seconds more or until fully melted.
- Take the strawberries out of the fridge and dip them into the chocolate ¾ of the way to the stem. Let excess drip off.
- Hold the chocolate dipped strawberry over the plate of Dum Dum Pop dust and begin sprinkling pinches of Dum Dums onto the chocolate ½ the way to the top.
- Set the strawberries on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Repeat this process until all strawberries are completed.
- Let red, white and blue strawberries sit for 20 minutes before loading onto a plate and placing in the refrigerator to harden completely. Make these ahead of time or let them sit for an additional 20 minutes prior to serving