BRYAN, OHIO April 15, 2016 – After more than 56 years, the building at 119 South Beech Street owned by Spangler Candy Company has changed hands. The Spangler Fulfillment Center, the most recent occupant of the building, has outgrown the Beech Street location and moved to the main Spangler factory at 400 North Portland Street. The Beech Street building has been sold to Terry Rummel of Current Office Solutions.
Spangler Candy Company first moved into the building in the summer of 1959 where it housed their wholesale operations. In 1998, they started fulfilling customer orders through the internet, for candy and a variety of specialty items such as t-shirts and mugs. The Fulfillment Center has grown steadily ever since, and needed more space to meet fast growing internet demand.
All of the Fulfillment Center employees are now enjoying their new location, which is more modernized and better suited for efficient order fulfillment and customer service. “We have a long and meaningful history at the Beech Street location,” said Richard Trubey, General Manager of the Fulfillment Center and an employee for 39 years. “It is great for us to be at the main plant, and we are especially pleased that our building will be put to good use in the community for years to come.”
Spangler Candy Company has been family owned and operated in Bryan, OH since 1906. It is one of the largest lollipop producers in the world and only major candy cane producer in the United States. Other products include Saf-T-Pops® and Spangler Circus Peanuts. In addition to its regular website, www.spanglercandy.com, the company maintains a strong presence on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.