The sky is the limit with these patriotic pom poms. Pom Poms are a fun toy for kids to play with during picnics and to shake at parades, and a good outlet for the creative painter in any child. The difficulty level is minimal and many of the supplies can be found around your home.
- Basket Coffee Filters(2 For Each Pom Pom)
- Red and White Pipe Cleaners
- Red and Blue Water Color Paint
- Paper Plate
- Paper Towels
How to make it
- Flatten coffee filters on a paper plate, one at a time.
- Use water paint to paint striped, dots, or patterns on the coffee filters in red and blue, leaving white areas.
- Let each of these dry on a paper towel as you do the next. These should take 20 minutes to dry completely. Once each filter is dried, begin cutting strips towards the middle, but do not cut to the center.
- Once you have gone around each filter and made strips, take two at a time and poke a pipe cleaner through the two and follow it with a Dum Dum Pop. Leave an inch at the top to wrap around the base of the lollipop.
- Turn over the filters and wrap the rest of the pipe cleaner down the stick to create a handle for your firework pom pom.
- Continue with the other coffee filters to create the desired number of patriotic pom poms you and the kids will need.