Posted December 02, 2015 in Press Releases
BRYAN, OHIO - Spangler Candy Company is seeking ideas for a new mural to be painted on a downtown Bryan building.
The winning design will be painted on the side of the building located on West Bryan Street, behind the Bryan Fire Department, where the Bryan Building Center was located previously.
The mural will convey a positive, family-friendly message about Spangler Candy Company, and will reflect the designer’s response to the question, “How does Spangler Candy help make Bryan OH the Sweetest Town in America?” Dum Dums are the company’s nationally recognized lollipop brand.
The actual mural will be painted by a professional contractor, so the designer only needs to create an entry that will work within the dimensions of the building wall, which is about 95 feet wide and 15 feet high. The mural will be painted and sealed so it can last for a number of years.
Prizes will be given for the top three design entries. The first place winner will receive $500, a year’s supply of Dum Dums, and will have his or her name included on the mural wall.
The second place winner will receive $250 and a year’s supply of Dum Dums, and third place will receive $100 and a year’s supply of Dum Dums.
“We’re pleased to have the community’s help in transforming an ordinary building behind our fire station into a colorful and fun venue for both residents and visitors to enjoy,” said Kirk Vashaw, Spangler CEO. “We’re excited to see the creative designs of the artists.”
Details about the mural contest are available on the Dum Dums Facebook page, and at the Spangler Store/Museum. Details also will be mailed to art teachers in all of the Williams County schools.
Mural Contest Guidelines
Artists are encouraged to submit artwork based on the following:
- Theme: The mural design should convey a positive, family-friendly message, and should reflect your response to the question, “How does Spangler Candy help make Bryan OH the Sweetest Town in America?”
- Final Dimensions: The side of the building where the mural will be located measures approximately 95 feet wide by 15 feet high. Mural designs should be created proportional to those dimensions.
- Submission Deadline: Monday, February 15, 2016
- Design must be original and must be the sole work of the artist.
- No use of copyright or trademarked images other than those owned by Spangler Candy Company.
- Format- Designs can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Send in electronic format as PDF or JPEG attachment to an email. Recommended document size is 8.5 x 14 with 150 dpi print resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files must be 2MB or less.
- Mail to Spangler Candy Company, Attn: Mural Contest, PO Box 71, 400 North Portland Street, Bryan OH 43506
- The contest winner will not paint the actual mural on the building. The design will be closely followed by a professional contractor.
- Spangler Candy Company reserves the right to make changes to the original design to fit the goals of the company and the intent of the project.
- By submitting a design, the artist agrees to allow Spangler Candy Company to share and use the design for promotional and other purposes.
- First place - $500 and a year’s supply of Dum Dums for the person whose design is selected. (Only one prize will be given. If a single design is submitted by more than one person, it will be up to those individuals to determine how the prize is distributed.) In addition, the designer’s name will be on the mural and will be publicized by Spangler Candy Company.
- Second place - $250 and a year’s supply of Dum Dums
- Third place – $100 and a year’s supply of Dum Dums