If you follow our crafts, or have been browsing, you probably came across our Dum Dums Easter Topiary. A great way to repurpose the craft is to make a homemade Mother's Day gift with it. Moms love seeing their kid's work, and especially cherish the memories each art piece holds. Use this how-to for the creation of your own homemade Mother's Day candy bouquet that Mom can keep around the house or share.
- Floral foam
- 3" Styrofoam ball
- wooden dowel
- Cylinder vase
- Cardstock (printed and solid color in Mom's favorite colors)
- Hot glue
How to make it
- Insert one dowel into the 'bottom' of your Styrofoam ball. This will ensure you will have a place for it after covering it with lollipops.
- Stick Dum Dums into your Styrofoam ball until it is completely covered. If you find that the lollipop sticks begin running into each other through the foam, you can trim the sticks with scissors.
- Once you cover the Styrofoam in Dum Dum Pops, the next step is to work on the vase.
- Depending on how large your vase is, we found it is easiest to fill a cylindrical container with Styrofoam that has been cut into 3" by 3" pieces. Make sure you have enough foam to fill the vase up ¾ of the way.
- To fill your vase, start with a thin layer of Spanish moss on the bottom, and start to build the Styrofoam blocks up while making sure to include moss on the sides. This will ensure no pieces of Styrofoam will peak through.
- Build the Styrofoam and Spanish moss to ¾ full. Once you get to this point, your dowels will stay put. Fill the rest of the vase with Spanish moss.
- Write your personal message to mom on a solid colored rectangle.
Now you have a homemade Mother's Day gift with a sweet Dum Dums twist!