Nothing says fall like pumpkins! And, nothing says great fall crafts like pumpkin crafts! This cute Dum Dum Stand Up Pumpkin is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike! Featuring a Dum Dum on the inside, this fall craft is a great opportunity to practice fine motor skills like cutting and gluing.
- Orange cardstock
- Brown cardstock
- Green cardstock
- White Glue
How to make it
- Using a pencil, draw a pumpkin shape on a piece of orange cardstock.
- Using scissors cut out the pumpkin shape.
- Fold the pumpkin shape in half vertically and use scissors to even out the edges so that you have a symmetrical pumpkin shape.
- Using a pencil, draw a semi-circle on the folded edge of your pumpkin shape. Use a Dum Dum to help you measure what size the semi-circle should be. Then, cut out with scissors.
- Using your pumpkin shape with the semi-circle cut out as a template, create 3 additional pumpkins that look the same.
- Attach pumpkin shapes together with semi-circles facing the inside of the pumpkin, creating a hole for the Dum Dum to sit in. Before attaching the 4th pumpkin shape, be sure to place the Dum Dum inside.
- Use a small piece of brown cardstock to cover the Dum Dum stick, securing in place with glue. You can either make it look round or square - whatever your preference.
- Finally, cut out thin "ribbons" of green card stock and roll up with your fingers to create a curly vine. Then attach with glue to the stem of the pumpkin. Ta-da! Your pumpkin is ready!