Transform an ordinary bucket or pail from no-frills to a fun trick or treat bucket with colorful Dum Dums lollipop wrappers! This super-simple decoupage project takes only a handful of supplies and is easy enough to have kids join in on the fun of easy Halloween crafts. Because Dum Dum Pops come in a variety of colors and flavors, you can create one-of-a-kind trick or treat buckets for Halloween! Try decorating a smaller Halloween bucket for any trick or treaters in your house and a larger one for passing out Halloween candy. Take ribbon or fabric strips and tie along the handle of the trick or treat bucket for an extra-festive look. If you'd rather use leftover candy wrappers, wait until after Halloween and make trick or treat buckets for the following Halloween or another occasion. You can also repurpose your buckets after Halloween - they're a fun and colorful way to hold crayons and small toys in a kids' room, or even to keep crafting supplies organized in your craft room.
- 1 bucket or pail (we used a galvanized bucket from a local craft store )
- Decoupage glue (we used Mod Podge)
- Assorted Halloween-themed fabric strips (each strip cut 1" wide x 6" long)
- Foam brush
How to make it
- Apply decoupage glue (we used Mod Podge) to the soon-to-be Halloween bucket using a foam paintbrush.
- Apply the Dum Dums lollipop wrappers any way you like. You can try placing the wrappers in a repeating pattern like stripes, or put them on in a "patchwork" pattern for something a little easier.
- Once you have the wrappers on and smoothed out, coat the wrappers with more glue, then wait to dry.
How easy is that? This is definitely an easy Halloween craft that you will enjoy making with your kids.