Show how much you care and make some "Bee Mine" Valentines using your favorite Dum Dums lollipops!
- Solid cardstock in red or pink (we used 12" x 12" sheets)
- Nice pen or sharpie
- Black and yellow pipe cleaners
- Yellow tissue paper
How to make it
- Choose the color theme for your card. We chose pinks and reds for the season.
- Either trace hearts using a template or free-hand your own design, making sure each card is about 4" across at the widest point of the heart.
- If using 12" x 12" cardstock, you should be able to fit about nine hearts on each page.
- Cut out the hearts using your scissors.
- Once the hearts are cut out, write Bee Mine in one corner of the card.
- On the other side of the card, thread one Dum Dum Pop through the card. You will need to make two small holes with a small hole punch or the end of the lollipop stick to do so. You may need to secure your lollipop with a small piece of tape on the back of the card. Set your cards aside.
- Make the bees out of pipe cleaners.
- Take a 6" length of a black pipe cleaner and make a "V" shape.
- Then take two 6" lengths pipe cleaners (one black, one yellow), and starting at the bottom of the "V" wrap the pipe cleaners around the "V" to make the bee's stripes.
- Be sure to leave about an inch of extra length at end of the "V" to serve as the bee's antennas.
- Finish your bee by cutting wings out of yellow tissue paper and gluing to the bee's back.
- Glue a bee on each card.
That's it! Your Bee Mine Valentine's Day Card is finished!