Making unique, homemade Halloween decorations for your home is a snap when you use Dum Dum Pops. Oh, and tasty, too! Decorate your front door with a one-of-a-kind candy wreath made with Dum Dum Pops and craft foam. This homemade Halloween decoration takes minimal time and skill, but the results are BOO-tiful. If you can stick lollipops in craft foam, you can make this! This can also work great, especially if you're not home! You don't have to leave trick-or-treaters empty-handed. Leave the wreath on your front door and attach a sign inviting them to take a Dum Dum Pop for their treat bags. For example, make a sign that says, "No tricks, just treats! Help yourself to Dum Dum Pops from our wreath o' treats. Happy Halloween!" Use fall-colored Dum Dum Pops and black and orange ribbon to give your lollipop crafts an extra-festive Halloween look.
- 1 Styrofoam wreath
- Cheesecloth & pins (optional)
- Ribbon for hanging the wreath
How to make it
- Take your wreath, wrap it in 3" wide strips of cheesecloth and secure with sewing pins. Wrapping your Halloween wreath is completely optional, but it does give the wreath a more finished look when Dum Dum Pops start to disappear (as you know they will!)
- Next, take the stem of a Dum Dum Pop and place firmly into the foam. The stem may protrude slightly from the back side of the wreath unless you trim the stem slightly. Repeat this process, keeping the Dum Dums super-close so no part of the wreath peeks through. Don't forget about the sides - they may be visible!
- Once your wreath is covered with Dum Dum Pops, simply cut some Halloween ribbon to the desired length, loop around the wreath and secure the ends with a bow. Hang on your favorite wreath hanger and enjoy your colorful wreath all season long...if you can resist eating your favorite Dum Dums from it first!