Think Dum Dums are just for kiddos and kids' crafts? Here's an Easter decoration using Dum Dums that is sure to bring elegance to your Easter buffet or table. For just a few dollars and a half hour of your time, you'll have a one-of-a-kind lollipop topiary to "spring up" your home décor just in time for spring. Dum Dums come in plenty of pastel colors, so creating a spring-season centerpiece is easy.
- Pastel ribbon
- Floral foam
- Decorative pail or pot
- 3" Styrofoam ball
- Wooden dowel
- White paint
- Foam brush
How to make it
- If you can't find a white dowel, start by painting an unfinished dowel with white acrylic craft paint. Set the dowel aside to dry.
- Take a Styrofoam ball and insert pastel or spring colored Dum Dum Pops until the ball is completely covered. If you find that the lollipop sticks start to run into each other inside the foam, simply trim the sticks with scissors.
- Place a piece of floral foam inside your pail or pot. We chose a pretty blue metal pail to go with our Easter theme.
- Insert one end of your dowel into the Dum Dums-covered Styrofoam ball and the other into the floral foam inside the pail.
- Finish off your centerpiece with a ribbon tied around the dowel and some decorative moss to cover the floral foam.
- That's it! In just five easy steps, you've created an elegant Easter DIY topiary centerpiece.