Decorate your home this holiday season with this new spin on a classic Christmas novelty, the candy cane. Another way to decorate with candy canes beyond adorning your Christmas tree, these candlestick holders look great on the dinner table, side tables, or on window ledges. Note: Please get a parent or grown up's help with this craft, as it requires a lot of hot gluing! [image:1]
- Red Taper Candles
- Hot Glue Gun
How to make it
- Warm up your Hot Glue Gun. It needs to be very hot for this craft to work!
- Unwrap the Mini Candy Canes. Do this ONLY if you are using the mini candy canes. Normal sized candy canes can stay in the wrappers.
- Glue on Candy Canes. Apply the glue directly to the candle, then stick the candy cane in the glue so the hook part is at the bottom, level with the base of the candle. If you are making this with mini candy canes, you will need to make them level with the top of the candle.
- Be VERY generous with the glue! Do one candy cane at a time, until they are all the way around the candle.
- Tie on a Ribbon. We used wide, red, fabric ribbon, but feel free to use any kind you want to match your décor. Green, silver, or gold colored ribbon would look nice, too!
Once you've finished making your Candy Cane Candlestick holders, place them around your home to add some extra festivity to the decorations. Candles can be lit, but make sure to ask a grown-up to do it for you. This Christmas craft also makes the perfect handmade gift for moms, grandmas, or friends!