Sep 28, 2012
Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treats®
Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treats®Get your kids in the kitchen this Thanksgiving with these cute Thanksgiving treats from SpanglerCandy.com. Rice Krispies Treats® become turkeys with Dum Dum heads and candy corn feathers. We guarantee you will want to gobble-gobble them up!
Here's what you'll need for this Thanksgiving recipe:
• Rice Krispies®
• Root Beer Dum Dums and Butterscotch Dum Dums
• Candy Corn
• Marshmallow Crème (or other icing product)
• Black writing icing
• Thin licorice
• Cashews or peanuts
Here's how you make Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treats®:
1) Prepare Rice Krispies Treats as directed on the box.
2) Instead of putting into a pan, allow to cool a few minutes and then using your hands, roll into 2-3" balls.
3) Unwrap Dum Dums and poke one through the rolled ball. Your Dum Dum stick may poke out the back. That is OK.
4) Using marshmallow crème or other icing products, attach the candy corn to the back-side of the ball in a fan shape.
5) Draw eyes onto the Dum Dum with the black icing.
6) Break a peanut or cashew in half, and cut a thin piece of licorice to create the "gobbler".
7) Finally, using marshmallow crème or other icing product, attach cashew/peanut just under the eyes and attach the "gobbler" just beside the cashew. Ta-da! Your Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treat is ready to eat!
We recommend storing these in an air-tight container in the fridge if you will not be consuming them right away. Enjoy!
Rice Krispies Treats® is a registered trademark of Kellogg NA Co.