Sep 28, 2012
Fall Crafts: Turkey Lollipop
Fall Crafts: Turkey LollipopWith Thanksgiving just around the corner, you've probably got turkey on your mind! We do, too! That's why we created these super cute Turkey Lollipops, featuring Dum Dums. This easy fall craft is a perfect "Happy Thanksgiving" gift for your child to take to school to share with friends, or to hand out as favors for your Thanksgiving dinner guests. No matter what you do with them, they are gobbley-gobbley-good!
Here's what you'll need for this fall craft:
• Dum Dums
• Googley Eyes
• Burlap (or light brown felt, if you have a hard time finding burlap)
• Orange, red, yellow and green construction paper
• White ribbon
• Hot Glue
Here's how you make a Turkey Lollipop:
1. Cut a piece of burlap into a 4" circle.
2. Cut a piece of brown ribbon approximately 10" long.
3. Center the Dum Dum into the burlap and cover. Secure in place with the ribbon.
4. Stack your construction paper, and cut red, green, yellow and orange feathers from the construction paper.
5. Cut out little triangular noses from some orange construction paper and red "gobblers" from the red construction paper.
6. Finally, use your hot glue gun to attach the feathers in a fan shape behind the turkey's head, and to attach the Googley eyes, orange nose and red "gobbler" to his face. Ta-da! You now have a Turkey Lollipop. Happy Thanksgiving!