Sep 28, 2012
Fall Crafts: Pumpkin Crafts
Fall Crafts: Pumpkin CraftsNothing says fall like pumpkins! And, nothing says great fall crafts like pumpkin crafts! This cute Dum Dum Stand Up Pumpkin is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike! Featuring a Dum Dum on the inside, this fall craft is a great opportunity to practice fine motor skills like cutting and gluing.
Here's what you'll need for this fall craft:
• Dum Dums
• Orange cardstock
• Brown cardstock
• Green cardstock
• White Glue
Here's how you make this pumpkin craft:
1. Using a pencil, draw a pumpkin shape on a piece of orange cardstock.
2. Using scissors cut out the pumpkin shape.
3. Fold the pumpkin shape in half vertically and use scissors to even out the edges so that you have a symmetrical pumpkin shape.
4. Using a pencil, draw a semi-circle on the folded edge of your pumpkin shape. Use a Dum Dum to help you measure what size the semi-circle should be. Then, cut out with scissors.
5. Using your pumpkin shape with the semi-circle cut out as a template, create 3 additional pumpkins that look the same.
6. Attach pumpkin shapes together with semi-circles facing the inside of the pumpkin, creating a hole for the Dum Dum to sit in. Before attaching the 4th pumpkin shape, be sure to place the Dum Dum inside.
7. Use a small piece of brown cardstock to cover the Dum Dum stick, securing in place with glue. You can either make it look round or square - whatever your preference.
8. Finally, cut out thin "ribbons" of green card stock and roll up with your fingers to create a curly vine. Then attach with glue to the stem of the pumpkin. Ta-da! Your pumpkin is ready!