Dec 04, 2013
Dum Dums Reindeer Holiday Kids Craft Idea
Dum Dums Reindeer are the perfect cheerful treat to make with the kids for the holidays. Give them as gifts or keep them for yourself! The more, the merrier!
What You'll Need
• Holiday Dum Dums (or any of your favorite Dum Dums)
• Brown tissue paper cut into 3"x3" squares
• Saran wrap cut into 3"x3" squares
• Dark brown pipe cleaners
• Small jingle bells
• Red ribbon cut into 4" sections
• Tacky glue
• Small red pom poms
• Small wiggly eyes
1. Wrap each Dum Dum with the cut brown tissue paper squares.
2. Cover the tissue paper and Dum Dums with a saran wrap square.
3. Bend the pipe cleaner for the reindeer's antlers. Bend each end down 1 ½ in. At ½ in, bend it again off to one side. Finally, bend the end back across itself to cross the center to form a cross.
4. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the Dum Dum's stick to secure the tissue paper and saran wrap. Make sure the antler's stick out above the top of the Dum Dum.
5. String a small jingle bell onto a red ribbon. Tie each ribbon into a bow around each stick to secure the pipe cleaner into place. The bell should hang down in the center of the Dum Dum.
6. Use tacky glue to add two small wiggly eyes and a small red pom poms onto the saran wrap of the Dum Dum.