Apr 28, 2014
Mother's Day Recipe: Candy Flower in Dirt
What could be sweeter than surprising mom with this fun and easy recipe. It's a perfectly sweet ending for your Mother's Day dinner. We know mom will love it!
What you'll need:
• 1 Dum Dums sucker
• 5 Circus Peanuts
• Chocolate pudding mix
• Milk (amount may vary per pudding instructions)
• Sandwich cookies, crushed
• White chocolate, melted (optional)
• Short, clear cup
How to make it:
1. Prepare pudding per the instructions on the box and chill while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
2. Take five circus peanuts and cut ¼ to ½ off of the bottom. Pinch the bottom of the cut circus peanut so it tapers in slightly near where it will attach to the lollipop.
3. Next, you'll need to attach the new circus peanut petals to the Dum Dum pop by pushing them into the lollipop. If needed, you can add a small bit of melted white chocolate to the pinched end of the circus peanut. Apply all of the petals to the Dum Dum and let dry. Note: Lay the flower down on a flat surface while working and then allow it to dry fully there (it may help to stick it in the refrigerator for a little while to help set).
4. Take a short clear glass and fill with pudding. Top with some crushed sandwich cookies.
5. Finish by placing your Dum Dum flower in the dirt - and give to mom for a perfect Mother's Day treat!