Why Buy Dum Dums
Why Buy Dum Dums?
Reward Your Customers
Businesses today need happy loyal customers to grow and prosper. That extra bit of effort or service with a smile goes a long way in creating satisfied customers.
Many of us have fond memories of receiving a lollipop at the bank or doctor's office as a child. The Leo Burnett marketing and advertising agency, in a study of the lollipop market, reported that customers "remember specific places that give away lollipops". They also found that "customers say that complimentary lollipops brighten their day".
Many businesses offer both Dum Dums and Saf-T-Pops as giveaway items to appeal to all ages - big kids (adults) and little kids! With almost 74 million kids under the age of 18 (23.7 percent of the total U.S. population according to the U.S. Census Bureau 2013), offering a small treat like a Dum Dum Pop or a Saf-T-Pop is not only a kind gesture - it's smart business.
Recognized & Trusted Lollipop Brand
Spangler Candy, manufacturer of Dum Dums and Saf-T-Pops, has been in business since 1906....over 100 years! Spangler Candy still believes in providing quality products with value. Your customers recognize and appreciate the Dum Dum brand. A Leo Burnett study found that Dum Dum Pops have a brand name awareness of 82%, meaning that most consumers recognize the brand.
America's Favorite Giveaway Pop
Dum Dums were invented in 1924 and are still growing and loved by millions today. Since Spangler began manufacturing Dum Dums in 1954, the multi-flavored, mini lollipops have been the most popular giveaway lollipop on the market. The level of that popularity is evident in the production numbers; Spangler makes 12 million Dum Dums every day.
All Your Favorite Flavors
Dum Dums come in 16 flavors + the Mystery Flavor™ and are enjoyed by kids of all ages! We strive to get a mix of at least 10 different flavors in the larger bags - more than you get with other lollipops. We also rotate new flavors in periodically for you to enjoy!
Nutrition and Portion Control
There are many positive facts to share about Dum Dums as we all focus on healthy lifestyles.
- Each Dum Dum Pop has less than 25 calories and no fat.
- One way to help prevent obesity is to exercise "portion control". Dum Dum Pops are a perfectly sized treat, providing a quick, high-flavor treat without consuming too much.
- It is important to allow treats, such as candy and other snacks, in moderation rather than eliminate them. Children who learn the importance of balanced eating will be better-equipped to manage their own diet as adults.
- Candy does not contribute a large percentage of the fat and sugar in the American diet. In fact, less than two percent of the fat and ten percent of the sugar in our diets are supplied by candy. Most of the fat actually comes from the high-fat animal products we eat. The main sources of sugar in America's diets are sugary beverages, baked goods, and frozen desserts. (Candy Myths from candyusa.org web site)
- Dum Dum Pops do not contain many of the top common allergens, including peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, fish, shelffish, wheat, or gluten. Dum Dum Pops are manufactured on dedicated equipment. This allergen statement does not include our Dum Dum Gum Pops or Dum Dum Chewy Pops Variety Pack (Dum Dums with chocolate chewy, sour chewy, or gum filling).
- Most Dum Dum Pops are OU kosher approved. Go to the Product FAQ page for more information.
Saf-T-Pops and Mini Canes Too
Spangler Candy manufactures and sells Saf-T-Pops. With its easy-to-grasp, collapsible safety loop handle, the Saf-T-Pop appeals especially to young children. Parents also appreciate that each Saf-T-Pop is completely wrapped, handle and all. Saf-T-Pops are sometimes referred to as the "doctor's pop".
As a giveaway alternative for the holidays, Spangler Candy also manufactures individually wrapped miniature peppermint-flavored candy canes. Whether Dum Dums, Saf-T-Pops, or Spangler Candy Canes, giveaway candy is a great way to leave customers with a good taste in their mouth.
DO YOUR CUSTOMERS A FLAVOR - GIVE THEM DUM DUMS OR SAF-T-POPS AS A "THANK-YOU" FOR THEIR BUSINESS!