Spangler Candy Fact Sheet
Here are some interesting facts about Spangler Candy and our facilities, our brands, our history, and our web sites and tours.
- was founded by Arthur G. Spangler in August 1906 as the Spangler Manufacturing Company
- is headquartered in Bryan, Ohio, a town of about 10,000 in northwestern Ohio
- is a privately-held U.S. confectionery manufacturer
- employs about 450 in the U.S. and 200 people in a co-manufacturing facility in Juarez, Mexico
- is a major manufacturer of lollipops, candy canes, and circus peanuts
- comprises 500,000 square feet including office, manufacturing, and warehouse space
- manufactures 10 million Dum Dums® each day. Learn how Dum Dums® are made.
- crafts 2.7 million Candy Canes each day (1.5 million in Bryan and 1.2 million in Juarez)
- produces over 500,000 Saf-T-Pops® per day
Our candies include…
- Dum Dums®... 16 great flavors + the Mystery Flavor™
- Spangler® Candy Canes, ...a full line of traditional canes
- Dum Dums®, Jelly Belly®, and Smarties® Candy Canes...a full portfolio of branded candy canes
- Saf-T-Pops®... the pop with the fiber cord loop handle and completely enclosed pouch
- Circus Peanuts... the orange peanut-shaped marshmallow candy
- distributes its products nationally through grocery, drug, mass market, club stores, and candy wholesalers
- sells its products through export brokers in many international countries
- has high brand recognition, and our brands are loved and trusted by generations of families.
- lollipops and candy canes are given by businesses as a complimentary thank-you to their customers
- operates the Spangler Fulfillment Center for web site and Save Wraps for Stuff® sales.
- participates as a founding member of the Candy Alliance, LLC
Spangler Candy also…
- has the famous Dum Dums Drum Man® as a mascot
- has a brand web site at www.dumdumpops.com with games and activities
- has a brand web site at www.saftpops.com with games and activities
- has a corporate web site at www.spanglercandy.com to purchase Dum Dums® and other candies
- has a Save Wraps for Stuff® program to help with the purchase of unique Dum Dums® items
- has a rotation program to introduce exciting new flavors into our Dum Dums® assortment
- has a company store & museum and a factory trolley tour